Prepare for Survey Administration: Test Survey Link and Share Information
After obtaining guardian consent, prepare for online administration by performing the actions below at least two weeks before survey administration.
Who Is Responsible?
Each district will designate a coordinator to manage survey communications
1. Ask your IT Department to do the following:
- Whitelist wildcard *kctcdata.org* and the KCTC Student Survey linkhttps://surveys.kctcdata.org/s3/studentsurvey2024. This will prevent the firewall or content filtering system from blocking the survey. Some school internet security systems may requireadditional whitelisting.
- If you run a separate network for students and teachers, ensure access to the URL is approved on both networks.
2. Test SURVEY LINK:
- After whitelisting the domains and IP addresses listed above, please test the survey link on a student device to ensure that the survey question over school demographics is working appropriately.View a short video demonstration about how to test the school demographics question.
- Use a student device in the environment where the survey will be taken to ensure the URL is accessible. Note: While you may test the survey on any device, we don’t recommend using smartphones due to screen size.
- You may use any web browser, but Google Chrome is best when using theGoogle Extension Read Aloud.
- Allow one full class period between Oct. 2 – Jan. 31 to complete the survey. On average, it takes students 27 minutes to complete the survey. However, some students will need more time, so avoid advisory or other shortened periods.
- We recommend the following guidelines to avoid biasing survey results:
- Administer the survey to all schools in the district on thesame day. Within a given school, administer the survey to all participating grades during thesame class period so students can’t discuss questions with classmates who haven’t completed the survey.
- Avoid scheduling on Mondays or Fridays. Proximity of these days to the weekend has been shown to affect how students respond to questions.
4. Share the following with proctors who will administer the survey:
- Survey Proctoring instructions.
- List of students in 6th, 8th, 10th, and 12th grades who have received signed guardian consent to take the survey.
Revised May 2023
SEKESC IRB STUDY#2023-06